How will YOU celebrate the Tour de France in Nidderdale? Do you live, work or go to school in Nidderdale? Join our project and decorate a bike (or bike paraphernalia) with a YELLOW theme and display (in your garden, drive, school, front window…….??) from end of May to end of September – there’s a competition for the best dressed bike and a trail to help residents and visitors seek out those yellow bikes across Nidderdale! Tell us NOW if you’re going to participate – and, if you’re a business, let us know if you’re willing to donate a small prize too. Contact us via this website or email email@example.com
Full details below:
DALES YELLOW BIKES:
1) Residents, businesses, schools, village halls, churches across the Nidderdale Plus area – are invited to decorate a ‘bike’ – or bike paraphernalia – of any size, with a YELLOW THEME – to celebrate the TdF coming to Yorkshire.
2) Bikes should be displayed in gardens, windows, rooftops, schools, village greens, church porches etc for the period 26 May (Bank holiday) to 1 Sept (end of school summer holidays).
3) To enter our competition, participants should email/post a photo of their bike, with details of location, to Nidderdale Plus. Nidderdale Plus will email by return a ‘We Love Nidderdale’ poster to the participants which must be then attached to the bike or displayed alongside it – this poster explains the competition and how to enter etc.
4) Photos will be uploaded by Nidderdale Plus onto a dedicated Facebook page ‘DalesYellowBikes’, managed by Nidderdale Plus
5) Encourage your family, friends, neighbours and passing tourists to ‘like’ the DalesYellowBikes Facebook page or email Nidderdale Plus to express their support. They can also send us their photos of their favourite yellow bikes, for inclusion on the page
6) All those that participate by ‘liking’ the Facebook page (directly to Facebook or by emailing Nidderdale Plus expressing support) will be entered into a prize draw in September – prizes donated by local businesses. In addition, all photos will be judged at a display at the Nidderdale Show and 2 winners – one for the best decorated bike and one for the best ‘looking like a bike but isn’t’ (eg knitted, wooden etc) – will receive prizes!
7) Prize winners will be announced at the Nidderdale Show 2014, alongside a display of a selection of photos from the competition
8) If anyone has an old bike or bike paraphernalia they no longer use or need, please bring to the Nidderdale Plus office – we will decorate with a yellow theme for the summer 2014 (or give to anyone else wishing to join in DalesYellowBikes). We will donate all unwanted bikes to Harrogate Rotary Club Bicycle Recycling scheme – visit www.rotary-ribi.org. in September – NB we will not paint the bike yellow as this renders them un-fit for recycling.